ASTM - American Society for Testing and Materials
American Society for Testing and Materials, now known as ASTM International, is an International standards organization that develops standards for a wide range of products, materials and services. The organization is Headquartered in West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, US and formed in 1898.
ASTM members deliver the test methods, specifications and guides that support industries and governments worldwide. The organization develops and publishes standards in USA, which are accepted worldwide.
These standards are broadly divided into sections, which includes :
- Electrical Insulation and Electronics
- Iron and Steel Products
- Nonferrous Metal Products
- Nuclear, Solar, and Geothermal Energy
- Petroleum Products, Lubricants, and Fossil Fuels
- Medical Devices and Services
- Textiles and many more