ICU - Intensive Care Unit
Intensive Care Units cater to patients with life-threatening injuries and illnesses, most of which need constant, close monitoring by specialized trained doctors and nurses in Hospital. Apart from doctors and nurses, an ICU staff of Hospital may consists of respiratory therapists, physical therapists and pharmacists.
Injuries and Illnesses that may require special and expensive care of an ICU :-
- Problems with the heart attack, low blood pressure and blood vessels
- Difficulty with breathing due to Asthma or severe pneumonia
- Serious Accident cases where patient needs immediate attention
- Patients undergoing major surgery, who need special monitoring after the operation
- Patients who are in a coma or have loss of consciousness may also require ICU