LASER - Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation
Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation is an electronic device that produces light (electromagnetic radiation) through a process of optical amplification. These radiation have very special properties that makes them used in a wide variety of applications.
It is used to manufacture a wide range of electronic devices including CD ROMs, Bar code readers, etc. The light emitted by these devices is thin and coherent.
Applications of LASER
- It is used in CD and DVD ROMs.
- They are also used in barcode scanners
- Used as an integral part of nuclear fusion reactors
- In devices used for alignment, cutting, soldering, drilling, surface treatment, welding etc.
- In medical equipments for dentistry, cosmetic treatment etc
- In military equipments like anti missiles devices
- In Laser Printers for printing