SLA - Service Level Agreement
Service Level Agreement is a part of a service contract held between the Company and Customer. The term is most commonly used while talking about a contract between network service provider and customer, usually in measurable terms.
SLAs commonly include segments to address : performance measurement, customer support, level of warranty covered, kind of services supported, disaster recovery etc.
Some of the measurable terms of SLA include :-
- Minimum percentage of time for which the site remains operational.
- Slabs of penalty in case of downtime
- Creation of performance benchmark
- Total number of users that can be served simultaneously
- Customer and Technical support in case of network failure.
- Real Time Statistics regarding network usage.