CCE - Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation
Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation is a new system of education introduced by Central Board of Secondary Education in India. It is designed specially for the students of class 6 to 10. The system focuses on evaluating the students both in scholastic and non scholastic areas as per the guidelines & norms of the CBSE.
The main aim of CCE pattern is to encourage all round development of the child's personality during their presence at the school. This method claimed to bring enormous changes from the traditional method of teaching and help reduce pressure on the students.
Features of CCE
- The system encourages learning by making use of variety of teaching aids and techniques (oral, projects, presentations etc).
- It involve learners actively in the learning process.
- Encouraging students who are interesting in co-curricular areas but are not academically good.
- Evaluation can be done throughout the year instead of final assessment at the end of year.
- Teachers can use variety of evaluation techniques over and above the written tests.