DTE – Directorate of Technical Education
The Directorate of Technical Education is the governance body that looks after all kinds of matters related to higher education. Each state has its own department of DTE that functions under the Govt. of that state. The department is managed by the Ministry of Education.
Activities of DTE
- The department is responsible for facilitating new institutes in the state.
- It advises the government on matters related to higher education.
- It is also responsible for conducting various courses – B.Tech, B.Arch etc. in different private & government institutes in the state.
- Annual budgeting has to be done by DTE.
- Periodically evaluation of syllabus for different courses.