FBI – Federal Bureau of Investigation
Federal Bureau of Investigation, formed on July 26, 1908 is a government agency which belongs to the United States Department of Justice. It was established with the name Bureau of Investigation (BOI) in 1908, which was later changed to Federal Bureau of Investigation in 1935. The agency is Headquartered in J. Edgar Hoover Building of Washington, D.C.
FBI looks after maintaining law and order in the United states by protecting the country against terrorist attacks, cyber-based attacks and high-technology crimes, Protect civil rights, white-collar crime and corruption.
The FBI is organized into 5 functional branches :
- FBI National Security Branch
- FBI Science and Technology Branch
- FBI Criminal, Cyber, Response, and Services Branch
- FBI Human Resources Branch
- FBI Information and Technology Branch
Leave a Reply