NTPC - National Thermal Power Corporation
National Thermal Power Corporation was Incorporated in the year 1975 as a Power generating company. The Company is one of the largest producer of power in India, both in terms of installed capacity and generated output. NTPC is a public holding and traded in National Stock Exchange (NSE) and Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
The Company has 2 segments :
- Power Generation
- Other Businesses: power trading, oil and gas exploration, providing consultancy, and coal mining.
NTPC has their subsidiaries in the name of:
- NTPC Electric Supply Company Ltd
- NTPC Vidyut Vyapar Nigam Ltd
- NTPC Hydro Ltd
- Pipavav Power Development Company Ltd
- Bhartiya Rail Bijlee Company Ltd
- Kanti Bijlee Utpadan Nigam Ltd