SAAS – Software As a Service
SaaS, sometimes referred to as “on-demand software”, is a way of delivering applications over the Internet – as a service, by a vendor or service provider. It allows organizations to software at a cost typically less than paying for licensed applications.
SaaS customers need not to buy any hardware or software or install, maintain, or update any application, it just needs an Internet connection.
SaaS has been used for many business applications, including :-
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP)
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Management information systems (MIS)
- Human resource management (HRM)
- Force Automation
- Business Intelligence and many more