TTE – Travelling Ticket Examiner
Travelling Ticket Examiner is a person who verifies passenger tickets in Indian Railway. The cadre of Travelling Ticket Examiner falls under the control of Indian Railway Traffic service (IRTS) cadre of officers in Indian Railways.
The TTE is usually dressed in black uniform (black pant and blazer) with his name on a badge over it. Typically a Travelling Ticket Examiner is in charge of about 3-4 coaches for the entire journey in case of small distances. For long distances, a new TTE takes over at different stations.
Responsibilities of a TTE
- He is responsible for verifying the tickets of all the passengers present in the coach.
- To mark whether a particular passenger is available in the train or not.
- It is the responsibility of the TTE to lock the coaches from inside during night.
- To give first aid to a passenger in case of medical emergency.
- Allocate seats to passengers who are in waiting list.
- Make fine slip to passengers who don’t have a ticket.