UPSC – Union Public Service Commission
The Union Public Service Commission is India’s central agency, formed on October 1, 1926, located at Dholpur House, Shah Jahan Road, New Delhi. It is authorized to conduct many exams in an year for different posts for the central Government of India. It also looks after the recruitment rules, promotions, appointments and transfers from one service to another.
UPSC conducts various exams, including :-
- Civil Services Examination
- Civil services
- Combined Medical Services Examination
- NDA entrance examination
- Central Police Forces Examination
- Geologist’s Examination
- Engineering Services Examination
- Combined Defence Services Examination
- Naval Academy Examination
- IAS/IPS/IFS and more
There is a different selection procedure for each post and a completely different syllabus and criteria. It ensures that only a suitable candidate gets qualified from the pool of applicants.
Leave a Reply